My day started out normal. We had breakfast at Hilton because I wanted to see the Habib Jewels exhibition. I almost got the wedding rings I wanted but they only had Shook's size and not mine. So I have to look at other options now.

Then I went to Sematan with the parental units because my father had a function to attend and the people organising it insisted we all went along. So we did. I had a nice talk with my cousin's wife, during which time she reminded me that it really isn't a good idea to piss off the people of my clan. Either things happen or things don't happen, depending on which one people want. I do know that my father has what the Malays like to call 'mulut masin' or salty mouth, for direct translation. All it means is that anything he says would usually come true. So he avoids making pessimistic predictions now because 9 times out of 10, they come true. I've seen it happen.

As for me, I can sometimes do the same but my mouth is not as salty. Probably because I never really say things that I mean out of malice. But there have been times when I have wished ill on some people and coincidence or not, the wish has come true. It might take a few years to happen but it does. But it only happens to people who wish me ill to begin with. The Malays call this 'tulah'. Kinda like karma. More like bad things happen to people who don't treat me with respect or if I've done nothing wrong to.

Bt I seldom believe these things. If they were true, not only would there be many dead people lying on the streets but there would be very, very many unhappy people whose misery I will be gleeful about.

Anyway, I got back from Sematan and was about to take a shower to get ready for dinner out when my mom told me my grandaunty had just passed away at 6 p.m. today. So I got dressed again and went with them to the house. Everyone had been expecting it so it wasn't a great surprise. She had been suffering from colon cancer for 6 years and everyone is glad she's no longer suffering. She did make it to my engagement last year so I'm all right. Shook remembers her.

So, I had a non-existent weekend. I am so glad Shook has no political aspirations because it sucks big time to be in that field. I'm never doing it because it takes away precious family time. And I hate the back stabbing. Some people I know would do extremely well in it, despite their denials that they would. Some other people I know wish to be in it but I know they will be chewed to bits and spat out by the sharks. I can play politics well but each time I do, I can feel my goodness seep away. Almost like a D&D game or like playing Fables. So, no. Not worth my immortal soul. I may not be the most pious person around but I do worry for my immortal soul and Shook's. Thank goodness, I don't need to teach him anything about religion or I'll have to do double time in hell for teaching the wrong thing!

So the purpose of this post is that my weekend sucked, I'm tired and cranky and the only good thing out of this is that I reached the peak of my bad mood and Shook got a lash of it. So things should only get better from here on. If it doesn't, there'll be hell to pay because I do have some lingering issues with some kiddies I know and I might just explode.

Shook will be home on Wednesday and I've got him for dinner on Thursday. I'll probably let him break fast with his parents one of the days he's here. And I'll see how he feels about meeting up with Will over the weekend. I miss Will.

Listening to: Song For Whoever - The Beautiful South

Comments (0)