Sometimes I think we're too busy lamenting what we don't have to fully appreciate what we do have.

It's not just the season that making me think this. It has to do with the people I see around me; friends and strangers alike.

Sometimes, we're so busy waiting for the presents that we forget to appreciate the presence. Or we're just so busy telling people what we want that we forget to ask them what they want.

The true spirit of the festivals have been buried under centuries of materialism.

So, who else have we to blame when our society no longer cares about what happens to their neighbours or their family or their friends? Who else can we blame if people chose to take and take and take and not give anything in return?

All these thoughts came to me while I was watching Angel Season 2, when one of the bad guys told Angel : "If there weren't Evil in every single one of them, they won't be people. They'll be Angels."

It was so true that it almost made me give up on the giving and the caring. As it is, I'm still thinking about it.

Comments (0)