I am back at work!! Yay!!

I'm actually plesantly surprised that I'm excited about being back to work. I think it's great to get going again. I was starting to get sluggish and lazy over the holiday. I was feeling heavy and very reluctant to do very much. I'd stay in my room all day and take naps for no reason other than I'm bored or lazy. Granted, I'd sleep at 5 or 6 a.m. but I'd wake up at an indecent hour of 10 a.m.!! The only reason I even got out of bed was to avoid getting scolded by my mother!

But, now that I'm back at work, no matter what time I go to sleep, I'll be up by 6.30 a.m. and on my feet all day until 4 p.m. Then most likely, I'd be at Shook's until midnight. Then the cycle goes on again.

When I'm working, my energy level is sky high. No matter how tired I am, I never need a nap and I can go on and on and on. Provided, of course, I have something to do. The moment I stop, I'll start to wind down and I'll fall asleep where I sit or lay. It is this moment in time that Shook chastises me for either yawning or falling asleep on his bed!

There was once, on a Saturday, I went to work at 8 a.m. to help the students, left at 1 p.m. to go to Shook's, went with him to an airshow at 2, then went to a school event at 4 until 7.30 p.m. We were supposed to go to dinner with my parents after that but he was too tired so we went back to Shook's house, during which time I wandered restlessly around his room until I got tired enough to lie down at about 9. All this after only 2 hours sleep the night before. See? Once I start, I can definitely go on, especially if I'm kept interested. The moment I get bored, I cover it by falling asleep or being sluggish.

All things considered, I am back at work and I love it!!! It's not the old grindstone if you enjoy it.

Comments (0)