I was watching another Malay drama series tonight while waiting for Shook to get off his computer so that we could go buy dinner.

For a series that's geared to promote peace and discourage terrorism, it's poorly scripted and the plot is so full of holes that a B-57 could most probably fly through it!

It reminded me of those annoying moments when people pretend to be interested in what you're saying but they never look at you while you speak so you end up feeling irritated anyway? Then you don't bother looking at them when they talk just to give them a taste of their own medicine and you can feel the annoyance flowing from them coming at you? Yep...that moment.

I still can't get over how the husband can drive around town with his ex-girlfriend just because she is interested in converting to Islam and he sees it as innocent but when his wife is seen with a guy friend to accept a wedding present from said guy friend, it's okay for the husband to think she's cheating on him and he does not speak to her about it but tortures her with his silence. Also, if he is as pious as he claims to be, how did he conveniently forget that 1) as a husband, he is supposed to teach his wife the right way of doing things and 2) it's a sin not to talk to a fellow Muslim for more than 3 days?!

It's a very contradictory show written by what I can only classify as a third-rate writer.

Also, I think Shook was enjoying the fact that I was ranting at the show, probably because he thought it was dumb as well. But it's a perverse sense of fun to watch a show you just hate and be able to rant about it, knowing that you're justified in doing so.

On another note, renovations for my room might begin in March. And while planning where everything goes, I have to admit to being weak enough to include Shook's presence in the whole plan of things. Also, I am getting the phone I want for my birthday. But it may not be what everyone's been expecting me to ask for.

Comments (0)