My mom is in one of her moods. This usually happens when she has been travelling extensively or when she's been busy running around. And, as usual, who gets the blame for everything? We do. Well, my second sister does not because she does what she does best - hide in her room. Same sister who enjoys complaining that she is never told anything at any time. So, tell me again, how I am supposed to tell anything when she either does not listen or refuses to join the family get-togethers?

As for my mom, it's time to do what I always do. I either do my work in my room, go out or tell her that she is the reason we're not talking to her. There's no win situation right now because it's a true case of damned-if-I-do-and-damned-if-I-don't. So I behave as my father does. We just take it in and let them spew and hurt everyone without thought. Then we quietly move on. Does it make us stronger? Maybe. But it's times like this that I know I don't want to fall pray to the rule of: Want to know what the girl will be like when she's older? Look at her mother!

So when my mom is in her unreasonable mood, I walk away. Let her simmer down then come back and pretend nothing happened. The way I adjust to it is that she's old and the old do have certain perks and luxuries we are not allowed until we are that old.

So think you have issues? You're not the only one.

Comments (0)