This bit is more for me to get juicy bits of gossip off my chest as well as to share with my cousins in the blogsphere.

My cousin is getting married in a few days. Yeah, I know. I seem to have this endless stream of cousins who seem to do nothing else but get married! Well, anyway, one more is getting married.

What makes him different from the rest is that he annoys the living crap out of me. If you ever want to see a guy to personifies the words "Open mouth insert foot" and "Nothing between the ears", just go look at him. He's good-looking, I do admit. He's been in various commercials and he's even been in the MAS thing that you have to watch before take-off about putting on the seat belts. He is also an interior designer by qualification. (Then again, he is also living proof that paper qualifications do jack-shit for a person's intelligence)

Well, anyway, the story is long-winded but it boils down to this: A few years ago his parents went to Mekah. And while on the Hajj, his father prayed that his children would get married. This was when they were all happily single and actually enjoying life. Now, all Muslims know that when a wish is made during the Hajj there is a strong likely it will be granted.

Well, within a year of the wish made, my uncle's only daughter decided to get married. Then my uncle's eldest son fell. Now a few years later, the second son is getting married. The thing is this cousin of mine was sort of matchmade with this girl. His sister at this end made him call the girl's number and the girl's sisters in KL made her go out with him. Somehow, they got together and next thing I heard, they were getting married.

Do I sound dubious about it all? Well, I believe in getting to know someone for at least a year before deciding before they're worth committing to much less getting married to. So when I hear about people getting married after knowing each other for less than a year, heck yeah, I'm dubious! I mean, how much can you know about a person's quirks and eccentricities within one year anyway?

Well, the crux of the matter here is this - she's rich. He's not. She's the youngest and the spoilt child in the family. He's a brat. (Maybe this bit isn't such a bad thing, after all) Her parents wanted her to marry someone else. He was interested in someone else when she came by. He wanted to go to Rome for their honeymoon. She wants and they will go to Paris for the honeymoon. He wants to keep working in KL. Her father just bought a company just to make sure my cousin works here!

My take on the matter? He's being bought. And whoever does not believe in karma better start keeping care because karma does not always work immediately. And if any of my dearly beloved relatives know another side to this story, please tell me.

The Malays have a belief. The further away you are from Mekah, the longer it takes for comeuppance to reach you. But on this planet, how far away is far away enough anyway?

Comments (0)