Mawi won?! Most popular male artiste?!

Oh well, such is the way when you allow the masses too much power.

While typing this and taking part in an online course for my Business Studies professional development, I can hear my aunties Mimi and Shirl downstairs talking to my dad about Mawi winning and they don't sound too happy. Apparently, my aunts had been invited to dinner without my knowledge and I would have expected it if I had remembered that my aunty Shirl is in town. I'm not close to any of my aunts other than Aunty Mimi, who is like a second mother to me. Like tonight. I was making some cream cheese dip and I asked everyone to try. My mom's first reaction was "Don't know whether it tastes good or not." My aunty Mimi's response was an immediate "Of course, it'll taste good! See who made it!"

My family is not perfect but they balance each other well.

Talking about family, Shook's parents were so cute tonight. Shook's mom was spraying bug spray on a stinky bug Yodie was trying to munch on. While she sprayed and sprayed and sprayed, Shook's dad got up from the couch, got a tissue paper and scooped up the bug and threw it out. He did it quietly and so matter-of-factly that I almost laughed. It looked so much like something my own parents would do that I found it so endearing. When I told Shook, he just smiled. Then, Shook's mom tried to feed some sausages she got from upstairs to Yodie, who refused them after a little nibble. Again, I tried not to laugh when Shook's mom went off at Yodie. That's the second time in 3 days Yodie has been scolded: from Shook on Friday about not getting chicken and from the Mom tonight for not wanting sausages. Well, the good outcome is that Yodie is well-disciplined...somewhat.

Anyway, I went book shopping again. I usually do this only once a year but I wanted to get some books for my school library so I indulged. I bought a few books yesterday while shopping for Jerome's birthday present and I went again today to get more. The holidays are coming up so I know I need to stay occupied somehow.

Oh, and it's official!! Well, if teachers who work 7 timetable hours a day are actually putting in 13 hours a day, it's no wonder not many people want to be teachers or many people get the wrong idea about teachers. We do work even during our holidays, weekends and off-days. Why do I do it? Because I love it. I love the work. My complaints are few compared to the the satisfaction of a job well done. And the fact that my students are thankful.

Comments (0)