I am a firm believer in karma. I have always believed that whatever good or bad I've done to others will come back to me one day.

I was reminded of this today when I was stuck at school because of the torrential rain. Karma came to my mind because my senior students were busy getting things to the venue for their prom. While watching them, it suddenly hit me that they've not been the most respectful or obedient students. So maybe this was Someone's way of showing them the error of their ways.

Then when I drove home, I found out that the T-junction that came from Nanas Road leading to Middle Road was totally submerged. I could only see the drain parapets and water. So I had to turn back and use the longer way to get home.

Which again brought me back to my thoughts on karma. Upon reflection, I realised that I've had lots of pretty good luck the past few years. I mean, I'm not without sin or anything but nothing very bad has been happening to me. Things that I want to happen usually end up happening when I want them to. I've had my share of fights with Shook and things have turned out rather well. I've inadvertently made some enemies and friends have become acquaintances but nothing which I can't justify.

So...as far as karma goes...I could almost safely say I'm on the right track. So far. Which is why I will continue to try and treat others as I would like them to treat me. And if they cannot do that, I'll just shrug and go my merry way. Karma will do the rest.

Comments (0)