Today has just been one very depressing day.

I love the rain but today was just so bad that the rain didn't cheer me up one bit.

For one, today was graduation day for my students. So there was the usual tears being shed and touching speeches made. This is the group that was with me from the first day I came in to teach the secondary. So I was already sad to begin with.

Then I had to send my family to the airport. They left for KL at 2.45 and will be leaving for New York at 6 a.m. tomorrow. They won't be back until November 7th. I don't have a problem being alone at home, but I have a huge problem saying goodbye to my parents especially my father. He asked for a hug at the airport and I almost couldn't let him go...again. The last time this happened, I was the one leaving to study in the US. I hung on to him and said I didn't want to go. He had to ask my friend to pull me to the boarding gate. Silly huh?

And to add to it all, I found out that a woman I'm in a committe with has been bitching that I will not make a good president because I put a higher priority on my family. Apparently, she said this at a meeting which I didn't attend last night because I said I wanted to have dinner with my family since they're leaving today. The thing is I know her family. Her own daughter-in-law tells people her husband rapes her to get sex from her. So it sort of explains the family she has. I told Arthur about this and he thinks this woman is just jealous. Never thought of it that way.

So, add all this up with my work-related stress and you have before you, me who is doing a very good impression of a leaking bucket. I cried in the car on the way back to school and I cried again in the bathroom after work. I just couldn't seem to stop. Am I in trouble or what?

Comments (0)