Image hosted by Photobucket.com I was watching Serenity, the movie.

I have liked this show since it was on TV titled Firefly.

Well, the movie does not sway very far from the series itself except that Captain Mal Reynolds is darker in the movie and a lot grumpier and more serious. But, he still dishes out the funny one-liners I so love him for. Shook keeps calling him Captain Tighty Pants but in the movie, the pants got less tight.

There were a few scenes I absolutely loved. One was when they roped the Reavers into the fight with the Alliance. It was a superb scene when Serenity came out of the ion cloud and headed straight towards the Allaince armada that was waiting for them. The Operative was just about to give the instructions to open fire on the Serenity when dozens of huge Reavers ships came hurtling headlong towards the armada as well. The look on the Operative's face when he saw the Reaver ships heading towards his armada was priceless. His panic was almost funny. Then there was Wash's awesome flying maneuvers! Oh, totally great scene!!

Then there was the scene where the crew was stuck in a bottleneck with the maniacal Reavers just barely held at bay outside. There is a snippet of a conversation between Kaylee and Simon which was hilarious. They were feeling totally hopeless about getting out alive when Simon turns to Kaylee.

Dr. Simon Tam: In all that time on the ship... I've always regretted... not being with you.
Kaylee Frye: With me? You mean to say... as in sex?
Dr. Simon Tam: Yes.
Kaylee Frye: To Hell with this. I'm gonna live!

And now, since I have watched the movie, I can go and finally read the book I bought some time back.

But, if any of you have watched Firefly before, you must watch Serenity. It really wraps up the whole show yet opens more new doors. If you have not watched Firefly, it's still easy to understand Serenity. As for me, I'm going to Amazon and see if I can perhaps order Firefly on DVD.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments (0)