Just last night I was telling Shook, Rin, Cass, Wee Na, Mac and Jerome about the road users in the Petra Jaya area and just this morning I was telling my parents of the same thing.

Today, a mere half an hour ago, while I was driving to Shook's house, what do I see on the Satok bridge? An accident. Who were involved? Two motorcycles. Unfortunately, there was no bloodshed. Also, unfortunately, I can bet my bottom ringgit that every motorcyclist riding by was saying to himself 'Yalah nya! Sik pandei ngembak moto!' - roughly translated means 'Serves him right! Does not know how to ride a bike properly'

It's a classic case of 'It only happens to someone else'. I seriously doubt if they ever stopped to think that , if they were not careful, it just might happen to them too.

Besides enjoying driving fast, I have some slightly more practical reasons for driving at an average of 120 km per hour when driving home from Shook's house at night. For one, there is always the danger of a girl driving alone on a strip of road at the wee hours of the morning/night. You hear many horror stories on the news on how women driving alone at night get stopped and then either robbed or raped or murdered or all three.

My other reason is that I just want to get away from the stupid drivers who haunt the Petra Jaya roads at night. I've seen motorcyclists do a U-turn in the middle of the road and then come straight at me without thought for their own lives or mine. Once, a guy in a Kancil apparently got a bruised ego when I overtook him on my way home, because he spent the next few stop lights jumping the light just to get ahead of me. Unfortunately for him, I caught up with him before every next light!

Although my sister vehemently denies the easily bruised egos belong to Malay guys in general, I can only say that from my experience, they generally are Malay guys. Petra Jaya is not exactly heavily populated by Chinese or any other race. I don't see any other people feeling slighted when a girl shows them that she can do better. When I'm driving around the Petra Jaya area, I see the Malay young guys pretending to be Ah Bengs, modifying their cars despite not being to afford it hence they can only buy a Kancil, playing loud music enough to turn a bat batty and even pushing their car seats so low that they look like they're about to sleep instead of drive.

Worst of all, it is generally the Malay young boys who think they're smarter and more hip yet make fools of themselves. They do think very elaborately but, unfortunately, not in a very smart way. They prefer to blame others for their own shortcomings. Generally, I find this annoying, which is why I can't be with a Malay guy.

Point of information: Shook is Melanau. Despite what people may say about Melanaus being money-faced, at least they are prepared to work for a living. And generally, they're willing to start at the bottom.

The only Malay guy I can admire is my father, but he's not pure Malay. And he has his share of stupid relatives which sort of justifies why I cannot be with a Malay kampung guy. Am I being a racist? How can I be so when I am a Malay as well? Am I being a snob? If I was a snob, I'd be clan-ish like some of my relatives and only insist on going out with guys who are Syeds or Wans who can buy me branded things from Europe and the US.

Besides, I doubt if I can spend my whole life with a guy who is all lovey-dovey all the time and keeps asking me whether I've eaten or if I'm okay or wants to call me everyday and all day or calls me just to talk about nothing at all. Yeeuch!! I'm a romantic but I'm not clingy. Puh-leaze!!

In addition, I'm a huge tease. And I push whatever buttons I can until I find one that almost makes the guy explode. If I don't like how easily he gets upset, I say goodbye. Show me what Malay guy can take this. I know one guy who was at University with me in the US who gets easily angry with me when I tease him! So it's not the education.

Finally, I have to add that I do use the word 'generally' because that's what it is. A general opinion, not a specific opinion. There are some Malay guys who are matured enough to admit they don't know everything and have a sense of humour and are moderate enough for me to tolerate. I like guys who are not loud but not soft either. But those are far and few.

Although I don't generally like Malay guys, I don't write them off immediately as well. I don't say one race is better than another unlike some females I know who do! I give everyone a chance. When they screw up, I chalk it down to another experience.

I know when to be serious and when to have fun. And I like people who know the same, too.

So there ends my rant for today.

Comments (0)