Jerome asked me tonight if I wanted to go watch Curse of the Golden Flower. Unfortunately, I had already watched it so I passed. However, after years and years of watching period Chinese movies and shows, I have never, ever seen costumes quite like the ones in this movie.

Picture courtesy of E! Online

Even after having been to China, I have never seen any evidence of such costumes. Just goes to show how movies can change anything.

Despite this, I found the movie rather normal. The plot was rather Shakespearen and the scenes were splashes of colour. It's just those bouncy things on people who I know don't have them bouncy things in any other movie.

In other news, I go back to work this Thursday. Part of me is so looking forward to it. Another part of me still wants that extra hour in bed in the mornings. But, I've been getting lazy and feeling bloated due to a lack of anything rigorous to do. So, going back to work will be the best thing that happens to me. Besides, I'll be getting a free 2 GB thumbdrive from school. Haha! Good reason as any to be back!

Comments (0)