I went crazy! Digitizing crazy.

When I was done with Forever...Friends, I ran around my room looking for more cassettes to digitize.

Last night, while lying on Shook's bed, I suddenly thought of my ultimate favourite vinyl record. Not many people will remember these big black round things that used to be our source of music but I still have a few of those, legacy of my parents.

One of my very, very favourite ones is an album by Richard Harris. Yes, good ole' Dumbledore himself, bless his soul. We have an album of his titled My Boy. The album is awesome. It's a narration of a man's idea of an ideal life. The album begins with him singing about his perfect woman to his marriage to her and, subsequently, to the birth of their son and eventually to their divorce.

It's a whole movie in one LP. The romantic in me found it beautiful. The cynic in me today finds it sappy at certain points.

And how do I know it's sappy? I'm listening to it right now. Apparently, I had transeferred the whole album to cassette at some point before going to KL to study. And, in my hunt, I found the cassette moments ago. So I now have Richard Harrus belting his heart out on my computer. The only thing, which I have no control over at this point, is the scratchy sounds of the record itself. But I can ignore the sound. Besides, the sound is rather nostalgic. I rather like it.

The album's older than I am. It's from 1971. Cool, huh?


Listening to: Why Do You Leave Me - Richard Harris - My Boy

Comments (0)