I went out for dinner with my family tonight at Holiday Inn. Apparently, there was a Family Day dinner there so there were some children running around. As impatient as my mother gets with undisciplined children, the ones tonight pushed even my buttons. It got so bad that we talked out loud of children who have parents who don't teach them manners. One boy (he had to be around 10 years old) had grabbed some marinated beef sausages and held it under the chocolate fondue fountain. He did this throughout the night using everything else except the prunes, grapes and honeydew that were there especially for the fondue. When talking loudly about them didn't work, I resorted to glaring at the uncouth mother. They were sitting at the table next to us so this was easy to do. It didn't help that the mother herself talked with her mouth full and stuffed food into her mouth. And you know how some bitches talk with their faces all screwed up and their eyes rolling and their mouths open wide? This one talked like that. I think she finally got the hint when I glared at her and even mimicked her hoping she'd see how ugly she looked. I think the final straw though is when I loudly commented about how anyone can expect schools to do a good job on their students when the parents practise such lousy behaviours. Only after they were done eating then the mother decided to scold her errant son. And even this was after my dad loudly said that children below the ages of 12 should be left at home, my mom said in western countries you'll never see children act like monkeys, I said that they shouldn't have been let out of their cages and my sisters called them uneducated and stupid.

Ah! A night out in Kuching, I tell you.

Speaking of a night out. While at Coffee Bean later, I saw a Malay guy who was dressed kinda like the neo-Nazis in Europe, with the jeans tucked inside his boots, wearing high top sneakers, sucking on a red lollipop that had a light within that he could activate to randomly blink. It was weird.

Also at Coffee Bean, we saw this Malay guy chase away a family from the sofas at the corner because his family wanted to sit there. We suspect he was supposed to reserve the area but the dumbass had walked away from it. And after he had done this, the woman (probably his mom) suddenly looked like she wanted to change her mind about sitting there. I tell you...if they hadn't sat there, I would have hailed the boy and told him how rude his whole family was. And he was rather curt when he chased the other family away too.

Shook and I are driving out of Kuching tomorrow. I need this time away from the city. I need the change in scenery. I hope I can get to relax a little.

Oh, I've been at work the past two days. That was exactly what I need to jumpstart my system again. I've been getting lethargic and lazy the past month. Once I was at work, despite not looking forward to it, I was eager to start teaching and working with my students. However, the first few days was just to get schedules worked out as well as to set up visual aids and getting lesson plans for the semester ready. And, of course, carrying heavy boxes full of books and stationery up four flights of stairs. And then there's the going down the same four flights to get more stuff. After a month of a lack of physical work, it's no wonder my back aches.

Anyway, it's raining. Good weather to sleep in so I'm going to do that in a bit.

My parents just got back from Europe and my mom got some ideas. Oh god!

Haha!


Listening to: The Gladiator Waltz - Gladiator Original Soundtrack

Comments (2)

On Sunday, December 31, 2006 6:51:00 pm , Anonymous said...

i know it's not funny but i couldn't help laughing when i read this post!! sorry... *blush*

hope 2007 will bring you bigger and brighter ideas!! waiting for an update on you other bit ;-)

 
On Monday, January 01, 2007 8:23:00 am , Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM LONDON!!!

xx