After years and years of lamenting the fact that I can neither preserve my favourite songs that are on cassette nor play them without the fear of spoiling the tapes, I have finally gotten round to turning them into MP3s.

Thanks to Lifehacker for this page, I am, at this very moment of typing this post out, digitising some songs from a cassette that is, fortunately, still is good condition. Haha! To be honest, for the sake of the first experiment, I grabbed The Best of Village People. So I now have In The Navy, Go West, YMCA and Macho Man on MP3.

The sound quality of course depends on the cassette itself. But it's relatively clean and in stereo. There was a bit of tweaking and downloading of plug-ins.

But it works! I can now work on the one reason I started this. My Friends Forever cassette. It's the only Christian album I have. And it is one of my absolute favourites.


Listening to: Go West - Village People - The Best of Village People

Comments (3)

On Friday, December 22, 2006 5:28:00 pm , Anonymous said...

wooooohooooo!! They have everything for young men to enjoy, You can hang out with all the boys ...

i said, young man!!!

now i can't take the song out of my head!

 
On Friday, December 22, 2006 6:34:00 pm , Raven said...

Haha! The Village People songs are always very difficult to get out of our heads.

 
On Sunday, December 24, 2006 7:33:00 am , Anonymous said...

This is very useful! I'll try this over the holidays.