I woke up automatically this morning and wondered if Shook was okay.

Then I read Chasers by Lorenzo Carcaterra for a while. After three shooting scenes and two cold-blooded murders, I decided.

I decided that some questions in the Universe are just not meant to be answered by us mortals. And I have better things to do with my life.

So with that, I am truly, really going to let it go and move on. If that girl wants to remain in her self-imposed martyr world, let her.

She wants to remain seen as immatured and irresponsible, let her.

I gave Shook a few tips for her even on how to handle cocky, difficult, teenage/young adult students but she's lost that now. So let her.

She wants to feel justified with her own actions regardless of how other people in the situation felt, let her.

People always like to justify their actions with their own reasoning because it makes them feel better. If it helps her sleep at night, then let her. I sleep very well as it is. No guilt on my conscience.

I tried to be a friend though my husband. She spurned it. Let her be. She lost a good friend. And she lost me. I could have been a great help. I understand kids the age group those cadets are in better than anyone I know.

I wish her well. I hope she gets the relief she craves. I hope God helps her at all times.

Because, at the rate she's going, she might not have many good friends who will.

Comments (0)