I have two bedrooms in my house now. One is mine and always has been. the other is one I share with Shook when he comes home. Usually, when he goes back to Bintulu, I migrate back to my own room. But, for the past few days, I've been staying put in our room. I realised that I sleep better and I don't wake up when I need to roll around on the bed. And, looking at the bed covers every morning, it's apparent that I roll around quite a bit at night.

Anyway, for the past few nights, I've been getting quite a lot of dreams. On Tuesday night, I dreamt I was living on a military base. But the base is not the happy ones I see in The Unit. This base was on the verge of a war. So we were constantly on red alert. It seems that nobody is allowed outside the outer perimeter and a curfew is enforced every evening.

I distinctly remember, at one point, looking up at the sky and it was covered with bomber planes and fighter planes. But these planes were from the World War 2 era. But, our weaponry on the ground were very modern. And I had the impression we were not fighting humans but aliens and shapeshifters.

There was one part of the dream when I was looking up at the planes and wondering which one was Shook and if he was all right. Then the next moment, I was running around the base because I thought I saw an intruder but nobody believed me. I think it was a shapeshifter. I realised it would be difficult to prove it wasn't who it kept shifting into so I followed it. By some miracle I was able to keep pace with it even though it changed shapes a few times. And somehow I knew I had to kill it. And I also seemed to know I could only do that by burning it, at which time it would shift into all its other shapes before dying in its original form. So I had to get it to a public place to kill it.

I chased that thing all around the base. At one point a soldier guarding the weapons depot took a shot at me because the shapeshifter turned into a general and told him to do so. But I pulled rank (so wow! Don't know whether it was my rank or Shook's) and grabbed some weapons.

Just before I woke up from the dream, I remember being very close to catching up with it and killing it when the base came under attack. There were explosions and gunfire and people shouting and of course, women shrieking and screaming. I actually took time, at one point, to stop and slap a woman in the kitchen just to shut her up. Then I picked up my gun and ran on.

And I think I woke up when I took a shot at a car passing by and it exploded.

I have no clue where these dreams come from but they're fun and part of the reason I'm still sleeping in our room.

Comments (0)