Late last night, I was watching a movie on TV1. I couldn't sleep and this movie didn't help.

The first and only person I recognised was Arnold Vosloo. That was, quite honestly, enough to keep me watching. But my attention was captured by one of the priests in the movie.

The movie was about a train that was heading towards Lourdes. On board were priests and nuns and pilgrims on their way to see the Pope in Lourdes. Also on board, was Arnold Vosloo and his team of terrorists who were carrying a deadly virus. From first glance, I knew it was a B-grade movie. But what fascinated was the priest. Especially after he threw his first punch and did a roundhouse kick.

How often do you see a priest doing such an obviously violent act? Then, in the flashbacks, he was shown to be a soldier or a mercenary. It was hinted that he joined the Church after seeing too many deaths. A little like Rambo.

Yet I knew from the priest's moves that the actor wasn't forcing the kicks, he actually knew them. So, today, I did a bit of a search. Turns out he is one of the very first few people who are trying to put martial arts into German movies. And he has his own website. I thought he looked kinda cute but I think I'm influenced by his eyes. I'll explain in my next post about my actor tendencies.

As bad as the movie plot and dialogue and acting was, I liked this guy's fight moves. Almost cliche. But, on the bright side, he's a cliche in a world trying to be different. So he turns out to be a classic. Almost reminds me of Chuck Norris and Delta Force movies.

The worst cliche was the movie title: Death Train.

Comments (0)