I suppose it is usually because Shook and I are hardly ever apart that we do not usually need to speak to each other on the phone very much or for very long. The longest phone conversation I used to have with him was all of ten minutes.

Last night, we talked for a good half an hour, which is an achievement for either of us. He was telling me all about the place he's in and I just asked questions. And, the best part is, before I could get bored talking on the phone, he was disturbed again by a coursemate. So we had to hang up.

The days where I can talk on the phone from dusk until dawn are long gone. My attention span has gone back to almost zero now so I usually get on and off the phone very quickly. While overseas, I remember I once stayed on the phone for close to nine hours.

I felt better after talking to Shook last night. I've been keeping myself busy and occupied just so that I won't miss him so much. While talking to him last night, my main concern was whether he was happy. He assured me he was because his coursemates were people he liked. It made everything else tolerable for him.

Then today, I happened across some pictures online of us at Wil's wedding and I got teary-eyed. Goodness knows why. But I just resolved not to go back to that site ever.

Other than that, I'll stay busy and work my way from one month to the next. End of this month, I'm going to visit him. Next month I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how things look when I go visit him this month.

Comments (0)