Shook just gave me the best news ever! I will so be floating on air tomorrow, despite now having 10 out of 10 teaching slots!

He's coming home! Yay! Yay! I'll be going to Bintulu on the 30th then two weeks later, he'll be home!!

Like I told some friends tonight, I do miss him. I get some time to myself when he's not around but I still miss him.

And the list of things I have to bring for him is getting longer by the day. It doesn't matter. My mom says that between the three of us going, we get a luggage capacity of 90 kilos, which none of us are planning to use so far.

Honestly, I wonder when Shah is going back to wherever he studies. I'm sorry. He might have mentioned it but when Shook is around, I tend not to pay too much attention to any guy, regardless of their sexual preferences.

I enjoy talking to Shah. We get into very diverse topics. Usually, the guys we know only seem to talk about robots, RPG, guns and comics. It gets tiring after a while. And I like those topics. Imagine what a girl who is not into all that would feel sitting with these guys. I now realise why some of the guys' girlfriends used to look so bored. Some of them once asked me how I could stand to spend time with these guys. My reply always was join them in the conversation or bring a book. I remember I once didn't bring a book but I had my iPod so I openly watched Supernatural. They didn't mind and neither did I. After all, I was there for Shook, not them.

But a lack of variety really does bore people. I'm not encouraging polygamy or infidelity or anything. I'm just saying that if you want to keep someone interested, you have to learn about what they like too. And you need to be diverse in your outlook.

Being narrow-minded even includes your interests. Heck, I love Shook but even we have different interests. I'll never catch him reading a romance book but he knows I like them. You won't catch me reading up on some artillery specs but I know I can depend on him for information. He respects my interests and I respect his. Imagine if we had so much in common that nothing is different between us in terms of interests. Can you imagine how boring our lives will get after 10 years? I'll shoot myself if I can only talk about a handful of topics all the time!!

And you know what annoys me a lot. When guys are homophobic! They turn into a joke in my eyes. Do they think gays have no feelings too? It's ridiculous! No matter what the religion or the society says, it's not for us to judge them. I highly doubt any of them woke up one day and said, "Today looks like a good day to be gay."

If we can judge gays then by all means, let's judge the fat, the ugly, the blacks, the whites, the short, the skinny, the smelly. Oh jeez! It was phobia that got so many people fighting against religion all those years ago. All those stories in the holy books, all show phobia and fear towards what they are not comfortable with. How then can we say we're different from the Romans who killed the Christians or the pagans who fought the Muslims?

You know, I shall laugh out loud, roll on the floor and point if ever any of these homophobes end up being gay themselves. I really will. I might even take out an ad in the papers.

I feel this way because I've got many homosexual friends. All Americans. Well, a few here but homophobia is the norm here and not the exceptional. I had one homophobic housemate in the US. The moment he got propositioned by a gay one night and he felt flattered by it, I called him gay all week. Then he told me he felt hurt by it. My reply? "Now you know how other people feel."

With some people, you need to hurt them to be kind. Or they'll never learn.

But I still feel whee now! Shook's coming home!!!

Comments (3)

On Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:58:00 pm , Anonymous said...

i can feel your smile! :)

 
On Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:28:00 pm , Anonymous said...

Miss F,

thanks. i'm studying in UiTN Shah Alam, by the way. :)

 
On Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:29:00 pm , ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

i mean, UiTM. hehe...sorry.