I'm back at work. Back to being surrounded by screeching children, giggling teenagers and sulky boys.

I really don't feel like being here and I'm definitely not ready to come back yet. Which is odd since I'm usually excited about being back at work.

*sigh*

I went out last night for dinner and we had a really good time. It gave me the laughter I needed.

And I managed to pinpoint why we enjoy Shah's company. He doesn't care whether he gets invited anywhere or not. If you call, he'll go. If he doesn't want to go, he'll say so. He's not desperate to go out and he doesn't badger people to go out. He's just fun. And if he has any hang-ups, it doesn't show and he doesn't whine about it. Which is good. Girls usually listen so much to their own whine, they really don't want to hear any more.

There's a difference between making people go out and inviting them out. There's also a difference between hanging out with friends and trying to push them into feeling guilty or feeling sorry for you. And that difference is what differentiates the young adults from the teenagers.

And that's all there is to it.

I'm actually feeling tired. I couldn't sleep last night and I just barely stopped myself from playing Evil Genius. If I hadn't, I wouldn't sleep at all.

I'm currently listening (eavesdropping) on my student telling her boyfriend about her holiday. Apparently, there's crying involved but she's trying to appear brave about it. Pride, I tell you. And I'm keeping half an eye on another student who looks like he's stalking his friends. He won't go and sit and talk with them but he keeps an eye on everything they do. He tries to gain approval but they think he's just a little on the weird side. I think he's trying too hard and, as a result, he becomes too odd for their comfort.

By the time I get my own children, I'd almost be a pro already. But I have to keep an eye on that Gripe Water and Farley's Rusk ;)

Comments (1)

On Saturday, June 16, 2007 2:55:00 pm , Anonymous said...

Miss F,

i'm just like any other person. thanks so much if you think that i'm such a fun person to be with. :)


Shah