This past week, I did something which I have not be doing for a very long time. I actually looked forward to doing something. I was actually excited about it too.

Now what was I excited about? I was very excited about going to watch Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith with my whole bunch of friends. From past experience, I know that when I get excited about something, there is a big chance I'd jinx it.

Well, true to form, I jinxed it. Yesterday, just as I was about to leave school, my Principal came up to me and apologised for moving the staff social we had planned for Tuesday afternoon to Sunday. I almost cried when I told her why I was reluctant to go and how this movie was my last chance to watch Star Wars with my friends.

Luckily for me, I've got an awesome boss. She might not understand the feeling of wanting to watch Star Wars but she understood very well the feeling of wanting to watch with friends. So she said she'd see the response from the other staff members before deciding. I went home that night and was in tears when I told Shook about it all. And being the awesome boyfriend that he is, he actually helped me play with the idea of watching Star Wars at another time instead.

Today, I went to work and saw that 99% of the staff members were willing to attend the Sunday social at the time given. So in my mind, I had already shifted gears to my back-up plan. Then my Principal dropped the bomb on me again! She actually laughed at me and said,"While you're watching Star Wars, you can think about us eating all the splendid food that you're missing."

I almost hugged her. She was actually letting me go from the social just to watch Star Wars!! But being the nice, responsible person that I am (and she is my boss, great though she may be) I told her that I'd try to make it to the social after the movie. And being nice as she is, she actually told me that she will start the social late just so that I can join them after the movie. And she even added that I may skip it altogether if I come out from the movie late.

Do I have an incredible boss or what?! No wonder I love my job. The workload may not be superb but the people make it tolerable.

I am surrounded by incredible, awesome, understanding people and I promise to try my best not to take them for granted or to treat them without thought for their feelings or opinion.

And in addition to all this, my parents will be taking us to KL where we will stay in KL proper from 3-4 June and then move to Putrajaya from 5-7 June. Shopping...yay! And I am going to go look for LEGO Star Wars!

But for tonight, I am going to attend my family's company dinner at Merdeka Palace. The place is a bit too hoity-toity for me but it's free food so what the hey...!

Comments (0)