Tonight, after dinner with my family, I went to Java Juice to meet up with Jerome. When I got there, Eric was there as well.

Well, like I told Eric, I have bursts of anger and rage but they never last long. I may be a fairly slow simmer but once I erupt, I get over it after a short while. Which is an accurate way of describing what I felt about Eric. I was angry at him for doing what he did despite the fact that I knew he went into the problem voluntarily and almost clinically. I was also upset with him for wasting my advice but at the end of the day, to paraphrase Shook , it's his life, he leads it. If he screws up, then it's his problem, not mine.

So we sat tonight and we talked about various people we know. Most of the conversation was used to clear a lot of issues between us and some mutual friends. I even found out some truths about some friends as well. I think I've become some sort of a Historian among these guys. They reveal things to me which they know I would not blab to anyone else and I keep this knowledge stored somewhere in my brain. Later, if the opportunity arises, I'll put the pieces of the puzzle together and get the timeline straightened out. So see? History is not just confined to the classroom. It works well in real life as well.

We also talked about power trips and, at one point, I have to admit, I take power trips once in a while. But I never take it to the extend that I might end up looking foolish, losing myself or, worst yet, losing my friends. We've decided that some people are difficult to give advice to, some people just think they're smarter, others refuse to admit they just might be wrong and some just prefer not to realise they're going in way over their heads. So I just told Eric that I'd do what I always do - sit back and wait for the fireworks.

PS: I was supposed to pass a note to Nick from Eric but I prefer not to. All I'm going to say is that I don't hold a grudge against stupidity but it's obvious Eric does. And as Eric's friend, good or bad, I accept him as he is, just like I accept all the other guys as they are. Heaven forbid that I try to break them apart or make them choose between me and their own friends whom they've known way longer than they've known me!

Comments (0)