It's raining really splendidly right now. I can only describe it as beautiful because this is the kind of weather everyone could fall asleep in.

I just got back from a Toastmasters AGM. I may complain about the Club once in a while but overall, the Club has done me more good than harm. Well, I got voted to be Secretary so this means I need not always attend training meetings.

Well,when I got home, my mom had just realised that my cat, Mac, was in the house. Since we have a security alarm system in the house, it's guarantee that Mac will trigger it sometime tonight if he stays indoors. Yet, none of us have the heartlessness to shoo him out into the rain.

So what we all (even my dad!) did was we stood around Mac and waited for him to decide whether he wanted in or out or even just downstairs to the kitchen. Finally, I got tired of waiting and said, "Well, where do you want to go?"

Then, as if on cue, Mac walked up to my sister's door, turned and looked at us as if to say, "Well?"

It was hilarious. My mom had a good laugh and I just said, "As if you need to be invited!!" to which Mac just ignored me and strolled into the room.

On other fronts, my car gave me a scare today. I was at my school gate and pressed my brakes to stop when the car refused to respond. I had to press it to the floor to which all the car did was roll to a stop! I find it scary because my car always had superb control. I only ever needed to touch my foot to the brakes and it would stop. Today, it rolled a good few yards more before finally stopping. So I had to drive my dad's government-issued Perdana. When I got home from the meeting, my mom told me that my uncle, who takes care of his own nearly-antique cars and who used to work as a mechanic at various places like Hornbill Skyways (used to being the operative word here!!), came to take a look at my car and told her that something is wrong with one of my brake pads. So looks like I've got the Perdana for the next few days.

Other than that, exams are next week so I might be silent for a while. I still have 6 sets of papers to prepare. Then I'll need to mark them. *sigh* Good thing I love my job.

It's still raining so I'm going to post this and then go call Shook and then go to sleep.

Comments (0)