A friend is having a soft opening for his new restaurant or bistro or pub or whatever it is tonight. He's called it The Crib.

I love giving people support in anything they do. It gives me greater pleasure when they achieve success.

However, it's when I support people and they abuse my support that I start to get pissy. When they ask for support and then refuse to accept it, that's when I start to get annoyed.

Anyway, before I start ranting, which I am prone to do when I'm either hassled or plain pissed off, I just wanted to say that I hope this friend of mine has priced his products at a reasonable price. I have seen and been to many shops that want to make money quick so they price their products at a really exorbitant price. Not only do they usually forget the fundamentals of business, they usually don't seem very sure of what exactly they are trying to sell. It's like selling Western food at RM15 a plate in an area where everyone is just barely surviving on their salary!

Even for someone like me who is working full time and earning quite a reasonable salary, I still have to think twice if I want to go to places like Coffee Bean or Roadhouse Grill or even Kenny Rogers to have dinner or to just hang out. It's worst for me when it's in the middle of the month or at the end of the month. However, give me good ole' Great Kitchen and I'll sit there until the people learn my name if I can! Why? Because it is cheap. Not affordable but cheap. Dirt cheap. With a mere RM10, I can get a meal and about 7 glasses of iced tea! Now how great a deal is that? And I can sit there until the cows come home if I want to!

So, I just hope my friend's place is not too high class or pricey that I need to think twice and dig up loose change to go there to sit down and hang out.

Comments (0)