The poor dear has conjunctivitis and diarrhea. On top of her fungal problem and lack of appetite.

I was half expecting the diarrhea because I know that kittens are susceptible to it if they are fed milk. But I thought her kitten formula would overcome this. Turns out I was wrong. I know very watered down milk is less likely to affect kittens but I was not sure about the formula. Well, we learn something everyday, I guess.

The poor dear went to the vet again today to get more medication. She must be sick of it by now. Honestly, I've never met such a sickly little thing before. Yet, looking at her, you'd hardly know she's sick seeing as how she prefers to chase the nylon string rather than the toy we bought for her.

Anyway, when I got to Shook's house this afternoon, I went to look in on Miss Norris just to see if she was okay. She was a bit more sedate. I attributed this to the antibiotics she was given. But I took her out of her cage and carried her to Shook's room where I figured she'd fall asleep anyway.

For the past few days, Miss Norris has this weird attraction for my hair. When we're lying down, she actually crawls into my hair (which really, really tickles and sends me into bouts of laughter!) before settling down in the crock of my neck to fall asleep. Then, if Shook moves, she'll lift her head and move to curl up near my arm. Then, minutes later, she would wake again to stretch out beside me to fall asleep again! Shook finds this hilarious. I find it incredibly loving and secure.

But today, Miss Norris couldn't get her afternoon nap. First, she had just settled down when Mac came by the house. So she woke up when Shook went to the door only to find that there was nobody at the gate. While he was out there, my phone rang with Mac saying he left because he had just realised Rin was not home. So Miss Norris was interrupted again! After that, she was about to fall asleep again when Shook stretched and she just had to find out why! Then, she had just settled again when I had to move because her whiskers were tickling my nose and her face was buried in my cheek. Also, she kept waking when Shook chuckled to see her sleep.

Finally, we all gave up on the nap. So Shook put her back in her cage and we went for dinner. Later, we rushed back home when Rin called Shook asking him to give MYN her eye drops. And I learnt how to pacify a kitten after giving her medication. She was not happy but she forgave us. Not that I thought she could hold a grudge against Shook for very long anyway.

But tonight, I found out that her love for Shook really is without boundaries. No matter what he does to her, she still turns to look for him and watch what he is doing. I'm still baffled by that. But then again, Killah!11! hissed at her today and Shook squirted water at him so maybe that's why. He's her Knight In Shining Armour!! Haha!!

Comments (0)