Sematan was as expected and, maybe, a little more.

As I expected, I didn't get much sleep. In fact, I daresay I only got 4 hours sleep overall.

But the students surprised me in many ways. When push came to shove, they showed incredible leadership qualities and teamwork. there were some bad apples in the barrel but this was a very small minority.

The best was those who bragged about not needing any sleep then got cranky when they had to do activities. Some skipped meals just so they could catch a few extra minutes of sleep. Little did they consider what they were doing to their teachers who had to stay up late to keep an eye on them and then organise the activities during the day!

Anyway, one of them gave me a really pretty shell. I was the only one who got it.

He gave the other teachers shells that look like the one in the middle of the picture below.

So the other teachers now think he loves me more than he loves them. To which my only response is 'I'm the one who treats him like a human being and not some dog.' But only in my thoughts. They'd get sulky if I ever said it to their faces.

But I did find two very interesting stepping stones. I would like them for my own garden because they're so cool!

Comments (0)