I just got back from Bintulu this morning. And yesterday, I spent all day with Shook. I landed at Bintulu airport at 8.30 a.m. By 9.00, I was in a limousine, that was supposed to be at my father's disposal, and headed to where Shook was staying.

I met his fellow cadets, who I have all invited to our wedding. They seem a very nice bunch, which is good. At least, he'll not get angry at them and get grumpy about being there. They really are kids. There is one of them who is really, really big and tall. And his big is not fat big, it's huge big. I can see him reaching to touch the ceiling if he stands. Fortunately, he never stood up around me because the first time he saw me, I was walking down from Shook's room to be introduced to them all and the second time, I walked in to bring them breakfast. They were very grateful and very sweet. They show a healthy respect for Shook because he worries about them. They're also grateful to me now because I brought them 8 horror movies to watch and I bought a tv tuner for Shook's laptop which means they get tv now.

Then I took Shook back to the hotel where he got online to catch up on all his missed websites. We watched tv for awhile then went for a walk to the nearby mall. Bintulu is really growing rapidly. The mall is not big but they have better products than we do. The hotel where we stayed had very good food and facilities. I'm more than happy to go back there for a holiday.

Shook had dinner with us at the ex-police function where I got a bit snarky because I was so tired. Luckily, he kept me entertained or else I would have pouted and grumbled.

We didn't do very much but we were together. And it was enough for that moment. Shook met a lot of key Bintulu people who now know who he is. The secretary of the ex-police association Bintulu branch asked me if I cried this morning because I was leaving Bintulu. I honestly told him I was just hanging on.

Now I'm feeling the creepings of depression setting in. It's not an outward thing but I can feel it. I just need one thing to trigger it and I know I'll be hit hard. I'm just barely stopping myself from crying. Worst thing is I know the cure. The cure is either Shook or listening to very depressing music until it pisses me off. And since I can't get Shook now, I'll do the music thing.

One day is not enough. I need more. I know I'll see him again in 12 days but it's only for that weekend. I'm dragging him to Harry Potter with me. At this rate, I think I'll be going to Bintulu every 3 months from next month on. Every school break I'm there! And I'm making him come home every break he has.

It's only been one month! 14 more to go...

Listening to: Fight the Good Fight - Triumph - Supernatural (Disc 2)

Comments (0)